Thursday, June 4, 2009

Welcome to The Pop Narcotic

When I started my first blog, I decided I would mix everything that I like to talk about (mainly music and vintage furniture, in no particular order) into one big, potentially interesting stew. However, for a variety of reasons, I've decided that this model isn't working for me anymore. The main problem is I have the urge to write about music fairly often, and I don't want my furniture blog to get diluted by rampant music-related posts. So, I have decided to embark on this blog. I have christened it "The Pop Narcotic", after the name of the very first business that I registered with the State of Washington (which, oddly enough, had absolutely nothing to do with either pop or narcotics). I had forgotten about it entirely until I told my wife that I was trying to come up with a name for my new music blog. "The Pop Narcotic", she said. "Oh, yeah", I said. And thus it came to be.
In addition to writing (hopefully lots) of posts on my current musical obsessions, I will be posting interviews and reviews that I've written over the years that have appeared on one website or another. Some of the interviews that I'll be posting sooner or later include Steve Kilbey of The Church, Glen Hansard of The Frames, Tim Midgett and Mike Dahlquist of Silkworm, Chris Brady of Pond and Audio Learning Center...and lots more. So please stay tuned and I'll try to keep it interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment